Amherst Avenue Handsworth Wood Birmingham
(3 miles north of Birmingham City Centre)
There is no contact form on this page. Please use the contact form on the relevant page of this website by selecting from the menu above.
Kindly note that in running a high-quality service for 11+ groups limited to just five students or fewer, I do not have as many places available as large tuition centres, which have unlimited classes. Accordingly, please read the information below before you make contact with me.
Some families believe wrongly that they can by-pass my selection process by contacting me directly by 'phone or visiting me at my home without an appointment.
1. 11+ tuition:
Please do not call or visit me about 11+ tuition until you have received an email from me in response to a message or enquiry from you from my <GRAMMAR SCHOOL FAQ> page.
2. For other enquiries, please use the form on the relevant page, selected from the menu above.
3. Assessments for state school students for entry into Year Four 11+ groups which began in September 2019 have now finished, and I am not recruiting any 11+ students for entry into Y4 or Y5 groups from September 2019. Nevertheless, I am keeping a waiting list in the very unlikely event of a student dropping out. Please send me the contact form on the 11+ FAQs page, which you can reach on the tab at the top of this page.
4. I have been receiving several calls and emails every day from parents of children in the year groups for which I am not recruiting, as well as from parents of children at independent schools requesting grammar school preparatory tuition. Nearly every call has been requesting that I make an exception for the caller's family's particular circumstances. I have had to disappoint every single person. For this reason, please do not call or send messages asking me to provide tuition for students covered in point 1 above, or to ask me to recommend other tutors, as I will not do so for safeguarding reasons.
5. I regret that I am unable to offer general advice about the 11+ to anyone other than my own students, so please do not call me for this reason.
6. This is a family home, as well as my place of work; I employ no staff. At certain times of the year I can receive up to 30 calls a day. Please do not telephone or call in person at my home unless you have an appointment. Kindly use the <CONTACT ME> form on the relevant page of this website.
I will endeavour to respond to messages within 24 hours in term time, or possibly slightly longer in the school holidays.